During the Black Wealth Summit conference happening Oct. 27 to 29, at the Hotel at the University of Maryland, participants can get sound advice on how to manage and build their wealth — regardless if you think you’re holding stacks of money or not. Preserving streams of income for your family gives them a leg up in a society where Black people are at an inherent economic disadvantage. During the summit college students will be offered free admission to the virtual sessions.
The summit will be held both in-person and virtually through on-demand talks and virtual networking sessions. It will offer investors specialized “learning tracks” depending on where they are in their wealth-building journey. For those who are not yet investors, there’s a Collegiate track where you will be introduced to budgeting and methods to master basic concepts and practical techniques in saving and investing, tackling student loans, building a good credit score and ideas to supplement your income.
The conference’s keynote will be delivered by Kayhil Byrd, CEO and founder of Shur; and Dr. Aminta Breaux, president of Bowie State University, with featured speakers that include Angela Yee, Iyanla Vanzant and Daymond John. Join them is a prestigious roster of presidents, directors and CEOs from many industries including banking and finance, academia and real estate.
“The Season of Accountability” is this year’s Black Wealth Summit theme. The conference will explore talks on individuals can hold themselves accountable to meet their own financial objectives and, ultimately, narrow the racial wealth gap. Day one will explore “Why Black Wealth Matters,” and Day two discussions will revolve around “Why Financial Freedom Matters.” The final day will go deep into the topics relating to wealth creation and building specifications for the Black community. You’ll also get a chance to hear the success stories, best practices and personal challenges experienced by returning Black Wealth Summit attendees.
There’s a wealth of talks and sessions during the three-day summit. Some of the interesting ones include:
- #Future RIA: Student Career Fair
- Student Loan Management: Kickstart Your Wealth Journey
- The Right Path: Understanding the Importance of Credit
- Getting Your Mortgage Approved
- Fundamentals You Need for Investing Success
- Real Estate Investing 101
- How to Build a Winning Stock Portfolio
- Business Lending: How to Make it Happen
- Diverse Viewpoints: Exploring Black Wealth
- Is Your Tax Strategy Tight?
- Access to Capital – Government Offers
- Winning Government Contracts
- Marriage, Finances and Legacy
- How to Invest in Venture Capital
- Investing in the Cannabis Industry: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
- Black Women and Intergenerational Wealth Creation
- Protecting Your Wealth
- 9-5 Millionaire: Building Wealth While Working you’re 9-5
- Crypto Masterclass
Check out the full conference details and ticket prices at blackwealthsummit.com.